Saturday 19 May 2012

I got the travel bug - anyone else?




I got the travel-bug on me! I'm craving waves... What to do?!


Sunset in Miraflores - Lima, Peru.
In the past year I have been traveling quite a bit within Ontario to catch some waves. I also went down to New York to surf waves created by ‘Irene’ (the hurricane) on the East Coast. All surf trips seem to somehow pay off at the end no matter what conditions you travel on or how big is the swell.

My friend Larry C. just came back from a surf trip to El Salvador. Talking about surf trips that pay off…
He is a very stoked person, but right now, he is so stoked about his trip. I can’t blame him - large, fast and hollow waves are only some of the things he was amazed by on his trip. The people surrounding him throughout the trip also played a key point to make this trip one of the best ones ever. Local people and Larry’s friends from his childhood were all friendly and happy about what they had in that moment. These two factors rose the stoke level all the way to the stratosphere!!

Longest Left in the world. Chicama - Peru
This is one more proof to my belief about what is the best part of a surf trip. It is all about ‘the search’. The group of people you travel with and how long it will take before you get there are the key ingredients to a great surf trip. The surf is just like the strawberry on top of the ice cream – and what a strawberry that is when you get good surf! I’m dreaming about that surf trip I made to New York right now as I write; perfect waves lining up one after the other….we even saw Kelly Slater win the Quicksilver Pro New York in Long Beach with his great surfing and amazing airs! (Read about this adventure here.)

 Right now I want to travel back home to Peru to surf waves at La Herradura, Cabo Blanco and Chicama among many other great breaks that we have there. Anyone wants to join? Check the following videos and images and tell me if you want to come!

Where and for how long would it be the ideal place for you to travel to? Who would you go with and what would you like to do there?   



 
 La Herradura - Lima, Peru

 Cabo Blanco - North of Lima, Peru

 Chicama - North of Lima, Peru











2 comments:

  1. Incredible Videos bro !!!!!!!!!!!
    K viva el Peru !!!!!
    Definitely It welcomes every single surfer in the world to surf World Class waves, Amazing people, The best Seafood and a unique Ancient civilization for you to explore...

    Great job Antonio!!

    ReplyDelete